Sunday 30 November 2014

Clean Up SCCM client

I have installed the other SCCM server before, which installed the clients in all devices. Now I have installed a new SCCM server, the server can detect the devices and knows the SCCM clients are installed on devices. However, the The remote control and Remote Client greyed out
1. The remote tools are enabled on default settings.
2. installed remote assistant feature, it is the same.
3. installed Remote Access role, it is the same.
I suspect it may be because of the old client. So lucky I have one server with no client installed. Install client on that one. and the Remote Control is enabled on that one.
So I have to find a way to uninstall all the clients.
To do this, I need the report function on SCCM 2012, however there is a problem to have it on SCCM 2012. I need to install SCCM 2012 SP1. While I am waiting. I use an IP scan tool to get certain range of Computer names and starting uninstall the client with following method.
1. Download PSEXEC tool.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb897553.aspx
2. Download CCM lean tool.
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=18153
REMEMBER, DONT RUN CCMCLEAN ON YOUR SCCM SERVER, IT WILL DESTROY YOUR SCCM SERVER!
3. Once installed Systems Management Server 2003 tool kit, share its installation folder to give read access to everyone.

4. Copy psexec to system32 folder under your windows folder. So you can run it anywhere.
5. Create your Computer Name CSV. with All the computer with previous SCCM client on it.
6. Create a dos batch as following:

for /f "tokens=1 delims=, " %%d in (.csv) do  (
psexec \\%%d -u  -p  \\\ccmclean -q -d
)
7. Run the dos command and the clients will be uninstalled.

No comments:

Post a Comment